Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By accessing this website and/or any pages thereof (hereinafter referred to as the "Website"), you signify your agreement with and understanding of the following Terms and Conditions and the legal information pertaining to both this Website and any material on it. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not access this Website. In addition, when using particular services, you and the FEI shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services that may be posted on the Website from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions. The FEI reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you. You are therefore responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions. Continued use of this Website following any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
The Website was created by the FEI, HM King Hussein I Building, Chemin de la Joliette 8, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland . All rights reserved. Copyright FEI 2015. Content, defined as any data, text, picture, video, audio and graphical design and may not be reproduced in any way without prior permission from the FEI.
The FEI shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for unauthorised copying and/or use of any material property of third parties on the Website. Nothing in the Website is designed to grant any licence or right to use any names, logos, pictures or trademarks. No act of downloading or otherwise copying or reproducing from
the Website will transfer title to you to any software or material on the Website. Except as otherwise stated above, you are granted permission to view, store, print, reproduce, distribute any pages or download any material from the Website for personal non-commercial use only provided that (a) you do not modify any such page or any such
material and (b) you include these Terms and Conditions with any reproduction. Any
unauthorized reproduction for commercial purposes of the Website or any part thereof is
a violation of FEI's rights.
Although the FEI has taken all reasonable care that the information contained within the Website is accurate at the time of publication, however no representation or guarantee (including liability towards third parties), expressed or implied, is made as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness. Therefore, the FEI assumes no liability for the use or interpretation of information contained herein. Your use of the Website is on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND AT YOUR SOLE RISK, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. In particular, the FEI assumes no responsibility for, and makes no guarantees that (i) the Website and services on the Website will meet your requirements, (ii) services and functions on the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, (iii) results that maybe obtained from the use of the Website and services on the Website will be accurate or reliable, (iv) defects will be corrected, or (v) the Website or the servers that make it available will be free of viruses or other harmful elements.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Links from and to the Website
You acknowledge and agree that the FEI has no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information, material or content provided by third party linked websites, or the content, performance, terms and conditions of use or the privacy policies or practices on such websites. Links to such sites do not constitute an endorsement by the FEI of such websites or the content, products, or other materials or services presented on such websites. Information in the many webpages that are linked to the Website, and the applications and services available through the Website, comes from a variety of sources. the FEI does not author, edit, or monitor the content, links, or services provided by third parties. FIBA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH CONTENT, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OR ON THIRD PARTY LINKED WEBSITES. In the event that you wish to establish a link to the Website, you expressly agree: not to include the Website into the frame of another website and to create a direct link to the FEI 's official Website at www.fei.org. not to create any third party association with the Website; and ensure that the link does not state or imply that FEI sponsors or endorses any other website activity, company or entity, or presents the FEI and/or Horse Sport in a false, misleading, defamatory or derogatory manner The link to our Website does not permit you to use any the FEI and/or third party content, names, logos, pictures or trademarks, unless separately agreed to in writing by the relevant rights-holder.
As a condition of use of the Website, you agree to indemnify the FEI and its affiliates, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorneys' fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Website.
If you communicate with the FEI by e-mail, you should note that the secrecy of Internet
e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages or information which are not encrypted you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet. In certain areas, the FEI uses industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
The FEI is subject to Swiss data protection laws when collecting and processing personal identifying information.
Applicable law and Jurisdiction
BY ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT THE LAWS OF SWITZERLAND, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES THEREOF, WILL APPLY TO ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE. IN THE CASE OF A DISPUTE, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS OF LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND.
Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI)
HM King Hussein I Building
Chemin de la Joliette 8
Information collection and use
• FEI does not collect personal identifying information when you access the Website homepage and browse the Website without disclosing your personal data (except cookies; see below under "cookies").
• FEI collects personal identifying information when you register for certain sections of the Website, when you use certain products or services on the Website and when you enter promotions, sweepstakes or similar services sponsored by FEI or its business partners. FEI may also receive personal identifying information from its business partners.
• When you register FEI asks for your name, e-mail address, and some other personal information. Once you register with FEI and/or sign in to our products or services, you are not anonymous to FEI.
• FEI also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your Internet Protocol address (IP address), which identifies your computer, FEI's cookies information and the page you requested.
• FEI uses information collected for three general purposes: for technical administration of the Website, for research and development to achieve and maintain a high service level and for customer information (to customise the content you see, to fulfil your request for certain products and services and to contact you about specials and new products and services).
Information sharing and disclosure
• FEI will not sell or rent your personal identifying information without your consent. FEI may send personal identifying information about you to third parties when:
• FEI has your consent to share the information;
• FEI needs to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
• FEI needs to send the information to third parties who work on behalf of FEI to provide a product or service to you (unless otherwise stated, these third parties do not have any rights to use the personal identifying information FEI provides to them beyond what is necessary to provide a product or service to you);
• FEI responds to courts or authorities; or
• FEI finds that your actions on the Website violate FEI Website Terms and Conditions or any other FEI's guidelines or rules applicable for specific services.
• FEI may set and access FEI's cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive.
• FEI uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, mainly to:
• Access your information when you "sign in", so that we can provide you with customized content;
• Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using FEI services;
• Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic; and
• Conduct research and development to improve the Website contents and services and achieve and maintain a high service level.
• FEI may allow third parties that are presenting promotions or researching users’ response to advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their own cookies on your computer. Third parties' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not this one.
• FEI does not knowingly collect personal data from children.
• FEI does not take specific steps to protect the privacy of children who disclose their personal identifying information to FEI. Access to your personal identifying information
• FEI gives you the ability to access your personal identifying information by sending us an e-mail including in the title of the e-mail the reference to personal identifying information at firstname.lastname@example.org
• FEI allows you to challenge the data that it holds about you and you may have such data rectified, amended or completed.
• If you communicate with FEI by e-mail, you should note that the secrecy of Internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages or information which are not encrypted you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.
• In certain areas, FEI uses industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
• FEI is subject to Swiss data protection laws when collecting and processing personal identifying information. Questions or suggestions